Hybrid Table Saw: A cross between the construction table saw and the cabinetmaker’s world
You’d think these two genres of wood workers would be in conflict when applied to a table saw. Surprisingly the idea meshes quite well. Today we have selected 4 best Hybrid Table Saws (HTS) for you to look at. We have used the following 8 part criteria to choose only the best available from the Net today:
Best Hybrid Table Saws Comparison
1. You need the job done fast – These saws you’ll be looking at today all are hard workers and they won’t back down from any job you throw their way. They are made to last and they all have the features; you want and need for cabinet woodworking and at the work site as well.
2. You need best hybrid table saw that weighs less than a full sized shop table saw comes in at – This is due to the changing world we live in. Rigid setups in a wood shop are no longer needed. In fact, many supervisors move the shop tools around based on the work to be done as this helps the work go faster with fewer mistakes. Construction sites require the tools to be as close as possible to the work
3. Power – All of the 4 best table saws you’ll see today have the power needed to cut through the woods you will be dealing with in your day-to-day workaday world. The RPMs, make cutting a snap and the amps make sure that even the toughest wood can be cut with ease.
4. Reliability – All the Hybrids we’ve chosen have a good record of accomplishment in this respect, as your tools are your livelihood and if the machine is down, you aren’t paid. So, we’ve chosen Hybrids that deliver when you need it.
5. Mobility – Along with weigh above being designed to be moved by one person is a hallmark of today’s Hybrids. Because when it is all said and done, a person needs to move things around whether to facilitate efficiency of the work, deal with larger projects, and getting the saw to where the work is.
6. Precision Cuts – A Hybrid table saw needs to cut wood and do it without mistakes. They have to be clean cuts as well. This also dovetails in with safety as well. A cut go wrong can cause an accident. These hybrid table saws are not toys and loss of a finger, eye, and limb is possible. However, in the final analysis it’s the quality of the work you deliver that is the primary key to the success of your table saw and your finished project. The better the cut the better everything goes together.
7. Accessories – having the extras available to get the work done and expand your horizons, as you gain mastery of your table saw are key to doing a better job and increasing the money you can bring in for your work.
8. Price – Finally, this is now a vital factor, jobs change without warning. Work requirements change as well. Investing into tools that may become obsolete before they are paid for, is not feasible any more, that’s why the Hybrids we’ve chosen fit the budgets of those who want and need them to do their job or explore a hobby that is rich and rewarding.
So, sit back and peruse the 4 best hybrid table saws we’ve chosen for you and we will give you our thoughts on which is the best, as well as, which is the most economical.
Grizzly G0715P Hybrid Table Saw Review
When you need the work, done and done fast? Whom do you turn to? Why you turn to a Grizzly Hybrid Table Saw of course, yes, they now have a Hybrid table saw and this one is a beaut. If you are a contractor or a person that works with wood daily, the Grizzly is now your new best friend. This saw is lighter than you are used to if you make furniture or cabinets. However, it is rugged and fully functional and can do the same work that that monster you have sitting in the center of your shop. You have all the features and dust reduction amenities in a great shop saw. The weight factor of course is what attracts contractors, remodelers, and renovators.
You don’t have to lug the Queen Mary out to the work site. Weighing less than 500 lbs., you have a table saw that rides in the back of a pickup to where the work is.
From there you can do trim and at 3850 RPM you get your workload whittled down in no time. A quiet serpentine belt system saves on your ears in the noise department and The Riving knife and blade adjustments that stay locked in no matter what are only three of the G0715P’s great features.
- 3850 RPM motor
- 2 HP of power
- Riven Knife included
- An easy to square fence
- Worm and Bull gear blade and motor height adjustment
Nice saw for the money. It however is not intuitive to set up. In some instances, you might need to do a bit of grinding on the motor and mounting to get the blade to true up. The mechanism to raise and lower blade is solid, that also means you need to check alignments and lock them in. After that, you’re ready to rock. Low dust output and accurate cuts. There is no brake so you need to watch things. The nice thing is that they installed a big on/off switch, which is always a bugaboo for many table saws, and is the first thing you end up replacing. Not so with the Grizzly!
Delta 36-5052 Hybrid Table Saw Review
The Delta 36-5052 has the nice distinction of having a big enough table to handle some pretty big pieces. 52 inchs of RH Rip on the table brings the work to the blade accurately. The entire frame is tubular steel that imparts strength, cuts weight, and without sacrificing stability. You have a rail system that makes each cut perfect, as the rail is one-piece construction. The saw is made for the contractor in mind, but the DIY woodworker will like its clean lines and the fact that it makes quick work of any job you throw at it.
The blade tilts over to the extreme that lets you get the angle of cut you want, as you run your wood past it. Assembly runs about 3 hours and it arrives in three boxes as well. Operating the saw is straight forward, as you would expect from Delta. So, in a nutshell, you get a saw that contractors will love and the home woodworker will love just as much. This is a perfect example of a hybrid that works well for anyone.
It doesn’t matter if you have built cabinets all your life or you’ve just decided to take up the avocation in recent life. The Delta 36-5052 has a bit of something for everyone.
- 52 inch RH Rip i.e. steel wings
- Easy to assemble
- 33 page manual that makes it that way
- Single rail for those exact cuts you want & need
- Tubular steel frame, both for lightness and added strength
- Built in tape to repeat your best cuts
- Precise angle settings
- Blade break prevents kickback
The majority of users are pleased with this table saw. It has that 52-inch work area and is accurate with its cuts.
However, some expected more of this table saw. But, they agree considering the price they still came out ahead on the deal. The biggest problem is the initial assembly. First, you are told it comes in three boxes from two different shippers. This can cause a bit of stress as you worry about whether or not you got everything. The second hurdle is the assembly itself as in some cases parts were not finished properly and the instructions lack clarity and are not detailed in certain areas that make putting it all together difficult. After you get through all of the above, the product works admirably and you will be pleased with the result.
LAGUNA TOOLS Fusion 36in Review
If you need a table saw that can handle the load for cabinetwork as well as at a construction site for a home build or remodel job? Then the LAGUNA Fusion has your ticket punch and you are ready to roll. Its name tells you what it does. It melds both worlds together in perfect harmony. It is lighter than your run of the mill Shop table saw. This lets you take it out to the build site so, you can get your piecework exact and into place without any waiting for a drop ship from the wood shop. If you are doing cabinets work it will pump out the sections you need to build whatever number of wall units or other custom work with ease.
So, you have the versatility, function, and the ability to get the job done fast. This of course means your projects come in on schedule and you don’t incur delays which can cost you in penalties. The other great thing about the Laguna is the precision of the cutting, it is capable of doing. If you measured it, right the Laguna Fusion will cut it right, and to size every time.
- 4 inch dust collection port
- Movable from location to location by one person
- Vibration free cuts
- Accurate cuts
- Handles 36″ panels easily
- Quieter than many 3 phase table saws
This is one of the better table saws this reviewer has seen. It has few negatives and does what you want it to do when you need it done and it does it quick. Support is understanding and will walk you through the difficult as well as mundane problems. They are patient with newbies who have lots of questions as well as the pros who want specifics. That and the fact that the product does work as advertised makes it a welcome addition in any cabinet shop, construction firm, and a DIY garage woodworking set up. The cuts are clean and accurate. The only flaw seen by the reviewer and others was with the insert, which is easily gotten around with a little work of your own.
RIDGID 10 in. 13-Amp Hybrid Table Saw Review
13 amps and 3450 rpm is only the start of the niceties about this Hybrid table saw. It even anticipates your future needs by already having slots in place for auxiliary fences for large projects. The variety of cuts you can do will cover all the work you are planning on doing. You get a depth of 2&1/4 to 3&1/4 inches depending on your angle. You can assemble it fast and if you check, your alignments before locking everything down Blade and fence will work in harmony and you get the kind of cuts you’ve been looking for. To do dados you need to purchase a Dado throat baseplate. But, other than the longer fences, you are sitting pretty. Its performance is comparable to more expensive models and that is a plus when you are on a tight budget and you still have to get the work out as part of earning your lively hood. The R4512 biggest advantage is the motor that will crosscut or do sheet plywood fast and easy. This means the saw is a workhorse and won’t let you down in a pinch.
- 3450 RPM motor
- Large ON/OFF switch that is easy to see and would go out in the first week of use
- Mobil with a set of wheels that let you move it about as you wish
- Extra large Glides that facilitate movement and allow for precision cuts
While it is made in China, you get a table saw that does the job for you. It has a powerful motor and has room to expand.
The box is a bit confusing and some claim they were cheated because of a picture. The unit is mobile whether with 4 wheels or just 3.
That is a lot better than many of the other Hybrids where you could bust a gut moving it from place to place. Assembly can be tricky and you have to pay attention while doing the work. Here is where if you look at the box you get the general idea.
All in all this is a good Hybrid table saw at a price that most budgets won’t quibble about.
Today you’ve seen 4 of the best in Hybrid Table saws that Amazon has put together on their website. We have taken you on a tour of them and we have analyzed them for you and given our thoughts on them, we feel is the best of the bunch, based on our experience, the available information, and of course our 8 guiding criteria. So, here is the #1 Hybrid Table Saw.
Best of the Hybrid Table Saws
That Table saw is the Grizzly. Take a look at it again here. It fits our model of what a true Hybrid should be. It’s only shortcomings we have noted above. While it is in our opinion the best, it isn’t the most economical, nor will it fit into many people’s work or hobby niches. Because of this, we went back over the data and chose the one that will fit into more people’s lives and aid them in their work without putting an undue strain on their finances.
The Most economical one however is…
The Hybrid from China, it is a well built foreign competitor to the established brands and it is priced low enough to meet almost any hobbyist or professional out there. You can check it out again here.
Again, it fits our model, but in this instance, though it is the price, which puts a Hybrid Table Saw into the reach of contractors, those who make cabinets, and the hobbyist/DIY market that is the fastest growing segment of the woodworking industry. People are tired of paying the high costs of renovators and see DIY as a way to stretch their home remodeling budgets and becoming self-reliant as well.
You may decide not to go with our choices and chose one of the other HTSs for your own reasons that are ok with us. Our purpose is to bring you the best information. Then you can decide and select the hybrid table saw that is in line with your needs and your intended use.
Woodworking builds homes, remodels them, and creates beautiful items made from wood. Now you are closer to being able to do it for yourself.
Table of Contents
- Best Hybrid Table Saws Comparison
- Grizzly G0715P Hybrid Table Saw Review
- Delta 36-5052 Hybrid Table Saw Review
- LAGUNA TOOLS Fusion 36in Review
- RIDGID 10 in. 13-Amp Hybrid Table Saw Review
- Best of the Hybrid Table Saws
- The Most economical one however is…